Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mario Cake!

Sam decided he wanted a "Mario Wedding Cake" for his fourth birthday. I had a lot of fun with it despite doing my very best to convince him that he really wanted a Pirate Treasure Chest Cake. First of all, IT WAS HUGE!!! How many 4 year olds get a cake like this? And, more importantly, what is he going to want next year?! I really wish I could say I made mario on top, but I can't. Well, I guess I could, but I would be lying. A friend sculpted it out of fondant. I did however make the fondant and paint him.
I had a lot of fun with the details, and also a little help from Joe.


Now that's a lot of cake!!

1 comment:

m e l said...

I was watching a cake challenge the other day on food network and thought of you - they make some dang sweet cakes. This mario one is amazing. You do good work.