Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home Sweat Home!

Hey, this was for a party that the theme was "Trailer Trash". I had way too much fun with the details on this. And there was so much more that I wanted to do. Every trailer has to have a "fRee kiTTeNs" hand-written sign and a mailbox "planted" in tires, right?:) Oh, and you can't forget the misspelled "home 'sweat' home" sign posted on the front of the house.
I decided to dress it up a bit with some broken lattice made out of chocolate to hide the truck trailer that the house is sitting on. The stairs are also chocolate that I melted, cooled and cut into the sizes I needed.
The concrete blocks, mailbox, tires, and kittens sign are all hand made with fondant and/or gum paste.
The cake itself is 6 6inch square cakes with a strip of rice crispy treats about in the middle of the trailer to make it a bit longer. It was Chocolate cake, vanilla buttercream. I then covered it in fondant and used fondant and buttercream for the details. Theme cakes are so much more time consuming but so much fun to do. I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud while coming up with this one.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

nate_clarlaw said...

Ollie, that's awesome! Did they love it? It's freakin hilarious! Well done!!

tawnya said...

Seriously, Ollie, this was a thing of beauty!

Becki said...

I can't tell you how many houses around my neck of the woods look excatly like that! I love it Ollie. You are really talented!

courtney pool said...

gotta love it! aww the redneck memories that cake invokes! lol.

Summer's World said...

I think THIS is my vote. I might be a little biased. Maybe my second pick would be Jack's b-day cake. I just don't know .... so hard to pick!