Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hole In One!



This was my first attempt at fondant sculpting. I was really scared, but I think it turned out fine. This is three 10" round cakes stacked and carved to make a hill. The sand is just brown sugar and the water is colored piping gel. The clubs are made from wire and then gumpaste on the ends to make the head of the clubs. I painted them with silver luster dust to give it a metallic look. This was really fun to make as they always are when it's for a friend!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

HKins said...

Wow! Amazing! You're truly talented when it comes all things sugar, flour, & water! You never said how much you would charge for a baby shower cake. The shower is on August 22nd. Let me know. :)

Unknown said...

We loooved this cake! It was delicious too! Thanks so much for doing it for the Bday BBQ!